Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'll Be Seeing You!

Image found here: http://www.doctormacro.com/Movie%20Summaries/I/I'll%20Be%20Seeing%20You.htm


Well, Readers, now that it's official, I guess I can finally share the good news:

I have been invited to perform with the Seattle Radio Theatre. I will be singing with this amazing group of actors on December 21st! The radio play will be broadcast over AM 1090 KPTK at 8 pm!

http://townhallseattle.org/seattle-radio-theatre-ill-be-seeing-you/

The jury's still out on whether or not my contribution to the show (I will be singing before the radio play starts) will be broadcast over the radio. All the same, this is a tremendous honor!

There is a veritable MOUNTAIN of things I need to prepare for; I need to practice, update my headshots (my last semi-professional headshot was taken when I was 17), practice, drag out my old keyboard, practice, meet with the director and accompanist, practice, pick up a black evening gown, and oh yes, practice.

In all seriousness, I find that my mental state is fluctuating between pure euphoria and sheer terror. I haven't sung in front of a paying audience since I was 19, and even then, I was singing in a choir, not as a soloist. It's true, I constantly worry about making a fool of myself. However, I've come to accept that worrying about something is just about as effective as trying to do my laundry by playing Words with Friends.

Wish me luck, Readers! And tune in!

No comments:

Post a Comment