Whelp, readers, I just ruined the bee blanket.
Like, totally ruined it.
|I willll remember youuuuuu.....|
|Will youuu remEHmber meeeeeeeee...|
|Don't let your liiiiiffffffe paaahaas you byyehhhh.....|
So in addition to the purl stitch that the crochet stitches are supposed to "catch" when you cut them, I also mistakenly cut the gray background float.
And now my gorgeous Armenian knit blanket has a huge hole in it.
|Weep not foooHOOOhooooorrrr the meeemoryy....|
The fabulous ladies at The Tea Cozy yarn shop in Ballard tell me that I can reinforce my steek with my sewing machine, and that might be enough to fix the problem. But a royal eff-up like this after five months of work (FIVE MONTHS OF WORK) was enough to make me want to just take a break from this project.
For now, I'm going to put this project down. Perhaps I'll look at it again in a week or two; I find that looking at things with fresh eyes can really make things easier when I've made a major oopsie.
I guess all that's left to do is this:
Until next time, Readers.