Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lace, Lace, Lace, Lace, Lace, Lace and more lace....

You guys remember the old Monty Python "Spam" sketch?


Replace "spam" with "lace" and you have my crafting life lately :-D

Well, we've got a lace scarf...
lace snowflakes,
lace doilies,
lace coinpurses,

and so on and so forth.

First of all, I've finished the "Liesl" purse!



I'm happy with how this one turned out, but there are a few things that I think make this a 1.0 version:
1. The lace eyelets I put between the ribbons are WAY too busy...next version is going to be straight stockinette (save for the riibbon holes, of course)
2. The ribbon I used was a smidge too big. My local fabric shop only had this size of lavender ribbon, but I think I should be able to make a Jo-Ann's run and get a smaller ribbon size, and
3. While I am currently OBSESSED with taupe, the taupe and lavender color combo makes the pouch look a bit too antiquated. Next version is going to be all lavender.

So other than the "Liesl" pouch, I've also got a MOUNTAIN of lace going.

My work is putting on a "Holiday Craft Sale", and I've been given the honor of being vendor number seven! For this sale, I'm making lace snowflake christmas ornaments and doilies. My apartment looks like a victorian lace....something. Can't think of a good analogy...but every concievable flat surface either has a doily starching or a snowflake pinned or is covered in yarn scraps. Pictures will be posted soon!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment