Thursday, March 14, 2013

Year of Using Up the Stash: Mittens!

Yikes! Sorry about my absence for the past week, Readers! The hubs and I have been SUPER busy as of late. I certainly MEANT to take some time last Friday to write a weekly haiku and review CAMD chapter 6, but I....got distracted. Doing....stuff. IMPORTANT STUFF! 

I'll tell you what I WASN'T doing...I certainly wasn't playing Final Fantasy VI on our Wii's virtual console until 4 am, so absorbed in the greatest RPG ever made that I lost all track of time.

Nope. 

I DID finish knitting these gorgeous mittens, though! 




The pattern can be found here, Readers: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEw11/PATTchrysanthemum.php

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have a crush on Scandinavian color-work. Absolutely beautiful!

The pattern called for sock weight yarn, so switching out the the super-wash wool for the yarn in my stash was no problem. My only concern is that the sock yarn in my stash is not super-wash (this means that anything knit with the yarn should NEVER be machine-washed. This would make the finished garment shrink). 

I'll just pin a note to the mittens that says, "DEATH WILL COME ON SWIFT WINGS UPON ALL THOSE WHO PUT THESE MITTENS IN THE WASHING MACHINE". 

Now that these are finished, I can finally start my husband's cabled gloves. I'll post pictures when those are finished! 

Orb Weaver out! 


2 comments:

  1. Girl! These mittens are works of ART!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part? This mitten design wasn't all that difficult at all! It was just a matter of taking FOREVER to finish (these were knit on size 1 needles) and paying close attention to the color chart! The designer of this pattern is simply FANTASTIC, she has several other mitten patterns that I'm going to tackle one by one, as soon as I use up all of my stash yarn!

      Delete