Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Liesl" Evening Purse!

And yet another update on my never ending pile of knitting projects!

Readers, I bring you the new and improved "Liesl"!

The photo here doesn't show it, but this  little purse SPARKLES! The yarn I found was just simply TOO fabulous! I'm bummed, though, I was looking for more of this yarn and it seems that this color has been discontinued...but there are tons of other colors available.

Plus, Readers, I bring you a first...I am going to include the pattern I used for this little purse!

This purse is a fairly quick knit, but I did crochet the strap.

I take NO CREDIT for the mini cable stitch in this pattern...partially because it's a stitch that I've known for AGES, since I was knitting dishcloths in high school! You can find a good tutorial on this kind of stitch in one of my fave knitting books; Vogue Knitting Stitchonary. Red Lion also put up a good tutorial on their website: http://cache.lionbrand.com/faq/277.html?www=1&lbc=&language=En

Readers, I must ask you to bear with me; this is my first time writing my own pattern.  If it looks confusing, I apoligize. This pattern has only been tested by me, so if you have ANY problems with it, PLEASE leave me a comment and I'll try to figure out what I forgot to put in!

"Liesl" Evening Purse

Materials:
*Filatura Di Crosa "Cristallo"; 1 ball of lilac
*US size 4 straight needles
*Small purple zipper
*Crochet hook (I used a smallish one; I believe it was a US F (3.75mm)
*About a square foot of fabric to use as a lining (I got a "fat quarter" of cream-colored clearance cotton at my local fabric store).
*light purple sewing thread

Cast on 45.
Row 1 (RS): P1 (K3, p1) 8 times.
Row 2: K1 (P3 K1) 8 times.
Row 3: (P1, Right Twist 3sts) 8 times, K1
Row 4: K1 (P3 K1) 8 times.

Repeat rows 1-4 until your piece measures about 9 inches. Cast off in pattern.

For the strap, take the crochet hook and ch until you get to the length you want. Turn, and sl st across.

Weave in all ends.

Sew purse together at the sides. Make a little "mini-pouch" with the lining fabric, stitch in place using the purple sewing thread.

Sew in strap, then sew in zipper.

Block it and flaunt it.



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment