Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine

I LOVE Valentines Day!

My creative genius of a sister has always been the queen of card making. While we were living together, she would make these beautiful, BEAUTIFUL cards for every holiday. Valentine's day was especially fun, and our apartment would be awash with pink paper, ribbons, and scrap booking supplies of every kind.

I've never been much of a scrapbooker, but I decided to take what I learned from my sister and try my hand at making my own valentines this year. I wanted to incorporate crochet/embroidery in some way, and after a bit of trial and error (I found out the hard way that sewing card stock that had already been glued makes the paper buckle and wrinkle like crazy), I am quite pleased with the results:





Happy Valentine's Day, Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment